UK Fiancé and Marriage Visas

A marriage visa is required:

• if you wish to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK
• you want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in the UK
• you are not planning to stay in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership

A standard visitor visa is sufficient for somebody coming to the UK wishing to convert their civil partnership into a marriage.

A marriage visa applicant will need to show the following:

• s/he is 18 or over
• s/he is free to give notice of marriage, to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arrival
• s/he is in a genuine relationship
• s/he is visiting the UK for less than 6 months
• s/he is leaving the UK at the end of the visit
• s/he is able to support her/him/self without working or help from public funds, or that s/he can be supported and housed by relatives or friends
• s/he is able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey

Quick Links

Personal Immigration
UK Fiancé and Marriage Visas
UK Adult Dependent Visa
UK Spouse/Settlement Visa
UK Indefinite Leave to Remain
UK General Visit Visa
UK Family Visit Visa
UK Private Medical Treatment Visa
UK Permitted Paid Engagement Visa
Student Visa
UK Ancestry Visa

Business Immigration


Immigration Appeals

Free Enquiry Form