Do I need a solicitor at court?

Do I need a solicitor at court? [Expert Advice]

Do I need a solicitor at court?

Representation at Court for Criminal Offences

Whatever type of criminal offence you have been charged with, you will require effective representation at Court from a specialist solicitor.

I have a wealth of experience defending all types of criminal cases and I will offer you the highest quality legal advice and representation available.

Courts in England

Magistrates’ Court

The majority of cases in England are tried in the Magistrates’ Court.

Most cases start here and the more serious offences are then passed on to the Crown Court.

Generally, Magistrates deal with the following types of cases:

Summary offences: less serious offences such as motoring offences and minor assaults. Generally in these cases the defendant is not entitled to a trial by jury.

Either-way offences: these could either be dealt with by the magistrates or the Crown court. These could be offences such as theft and handling stolen goods. A defendant can insist on their right to trial in the Crown court. Magistrates can also decide that the case is serious enough to go to the Crown court. However, if found guilty the Crown court can impose tougher sentences.

Indictable-only offences: these are serious offences such as murder, rape, robbery and manslaughter and can only be heard in the Crown court.

Crown Court

Cases tried in the Crown Court are more serious than those tried in Magistrates Court. Cases tries in Crown Court can vary greatly in length, complexity and seriousness.

In many Crown Court cases you will need a Barrister rather than a Solicitor to represent you. When required I can engage a highly qualified Barrister on your behalf and work with them to put together a strong case for you.

Please contact me for an initial consultation.